|COUNCILMAN YUHANNA EDWARDS|
|COUNCILWOMAN DIANE MUNRO-MORRIS|
|COUNCILMAN STEVEN HORTON|
On Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 the Mount Vernon City Council voted 3-1 to sell a property owned by the City of Mount Vernon to the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce for a measly $11K. Councilwoman Roberta Apuzzo voted no and Council President Karen Watts abstained from voting. Council President Watts and Councilwoman Apuzzo appear to be the only persons on the council with a conscience at this time.
Information was also presented to the council that every meeting held by the Real Estate Committee was an illegal meeting and in violation of NYS Public Officers law. Mount Vernon Exposed Publisher vowed to take legal against the City of Mount Vernon for the blatant violations of law. The meetings of the real estate committee were not posted on the City of Mount Vernon’s website as required by law.
§104. Public notice.
1. Public notice of the time and place of a meeting scheduled at least one week prior thereto shall be given to the news media and shall be conspicuously posted in one or more designated public locations at least seventy-two hours before such meeting.
2. Public notice of the time and place of every other meeting shall be given, to the extent practicable, to the news media and shall be conspicuously posted in one or more designated public locations at a reasonable time prior thereto.
3. The public notice provided for by this section shall not be construed to require publication as a legal notice.
4. If videoconferencing is used to conduct a meeting, the public notice for the meeting shall inform the public that videoconferencing will be used, identify the locations for the meeting, and state that the public has the right to attend the meeting at any of the locations.
5. When a public body has the ability to do so, notice of the time and place of a meeting given in accordance with subdivision one or two of this section, shall also be conspicuously posted on the public body's internet websiteThe City of Mount Vernon was forewarned by a NYS Supreme Court Justice about posting notices of meeting on an ad-hoc basis. City Clerk George Brown said on the record that he did not post meetings to the City website. George Brown also refused to give the packet reviewed by the City Council to Mount Vernon Exposed™®. Clerk George Brown said that the information was confidential. However, a Good Samaritan in City Hall provided Mount Vernon Exposed™® with the necessary documents to keep city residents informed of the doings in City Hall.
Information was presented to the City Council that a letter was sent to the United States Attorneys’ office demanding an investigation into the President of the Chamber of Commerce and the Assessor of Mount Vernon. Information has surfaced that the President of the Chamber of Commerce is business partners with the Assessor in Mount Vernon who is frequently called a crook by many City of Mount Vernon residents. Many details about the letter provided to the United States Attorney’s will not be provided to the public to prevent the obstruction of any pending investigation.
The three blind mice (Councilpersons’ Edwards, Horton, and Munro-Morris) voted to continue corruption in the City of Mount Vernon. To be continued………